The Southern Gaming Summit is a conference and trade show that brings together the entire casino industry. The event will be in Biloxi, Mississippi from May 3-6, 2018 with sessions on all areas of gaming including table games and slot machines.
The “Southern Gaming Summit 2022” is a conference that will be held in Biloxi, Mississippi on May 3-6. The conference will offer a variety of events and workshops.
JACKSON, Miss. (January 19, 2022) — The Mississippi Gaming & Hospitality Association (MGHA) will hold its Southern Gaming Summit (SGS) May 3-6, 2022, at MGM’s Beau Rivage Resort & Casino located in Biloxi, Mississippi.
The MGHA owns SGS, one of the oldest gaming conferences and trade exhibits, ensuring a conference for the industry, by the industry, and for the industry. The regional conference and trade fair, which began in 1994 and brings decision-makers to coastal Mississippi, tackles problems of relevance to commercial and tribal gaming in the South and Midwest.
The keynote speaker at the 2022 SGS will be Bill Miller, president and CEO of the American Gaming Association.
“Bill Miller has a wealth of information about our gaming sector, and his presentation will fascinate guests,” stated Larry Gregory, executive director of the MGHA. “We’re looking forward to hearing about his extensive gaming expertise.”
On Tuesday, May 3, the event kicks off with a golf competition at MGM’s Fallen Oak Golf Course, followed by a welcoming celebration on the event deck at the Beau Rivage pool area, which offers stunning views of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
On Wednesday, May 4, SGS attendees will hear from Miller and will then have the opportunity to listen and participate in an extensive conference program consisting of six sessions. Sessions for registered attendees on May 4-5 include Regulatory Updates, iGaming and Sportsbetting, Being a Responsible Operator in 2022, Doing Business as a Third Party Vendor, and Tribal Sportsbetting: Questions, Rules and Models, along with the popular Operator & GM Roundtable Discussion. Sessions will be held in the convention area on the second floor of Beau Rivage.
A Taste of Coastal Mississippi, presented by Coastal Mississippi, the Gulf Coast’s travel and tourism agency, is a new addition to SGS this year. The date for this event is fixed for May 4th.
On May 5, five gaming industry stalwarts will be inducted into the Mississippi Gaming Hall of Fame at an evening event. The inductees for this year are:
• Industry Pioneer: Allan B. Solomon, co-founder and former executive vice president and general counsel of Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. and principle and chairman of Foundation Gaming and Entertainment (2008)
• Industry Influencer: Virginia McDowell, former chief executive officer of Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. and non-executive director of Entain Plc (2016)
• Commercial Gaming: Ameristar Casinos, Inc. was created by Craig H. Neilsen, a visionary and philanthropist who subsequently launched the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, North America’s biggest private sponsor for spinal cord injury research and programs.
• KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION, Kagemasa Kozuki, founder, chairman, and representative director
• Regulator: John Hairston, former member and chairman of the Mississippi Gaming Commission and president and CEO of Hancock Whitney Corporation (2005-2015)
Previous winners will be honored as well.
Registration and sponsorship details, as well as further information, are now accessible at www.sgsummit.org.